Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why the New Blog

Well, Becca turned stupid and did what she has cautioned many a patron never to do--forget their e-mail address and password. I've tried everything that I can think of, but nothing works, so I can't post anything new on the original blog! Ok, back to the drawing board and we start all over with a new blog! Here below are the original "words of wisdom from my first endeavor"--for whatever they are worth.

Post #1
"Hi and Welcome to my Blog! I'm Becca Caldow, the Branch Manager at the Ridglea Library in Fort Worth. I'm just getting started on this whole process--just like lots of you, and I suspect that the hardest part for me is believing that anyone has any interest at all in reading anything I have to say."

Post #2
" Thoughts about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0Not having been a librarian in the "old days" it is hard for me to imagine what it was like pre-technology. It is however, equally hard to imagine what the future will be like as the technology becomes more and more advanced. Hard to imagine that the city budget will ever stretch far enough to let us upgrade, and hard to imagine how we will ever learn to use everything that will come our way, much less be able to share the knowledge with our patrons. But I'm not absolutely convinced that everything that gets invented needs to be adopted. Some things are trendy and maybe we need to know about them, but we don't necessarily have to add them (or do them)just because the kids are doing them. Does that make me anti 2.0? Not at all. I'll get into this more as time goes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment